Main Article Content
Psoriasis, IgG Testing, Food Sensitivity
Objective: To describe the successful use of IgG testing and subsequent removal of sensitive foods from the diet of a patient with psoriasis, resulting in a significant reduction of her symptoms.
Clinical Features: A 46-year-old female patient had symptoms of psoriasis. She underwent IgG testing, which identified food sensitivities. These sensitive foods were then removed from her diet.
Intervention and Outcome: The conservative treatment consisted of combination of IgG testing and dietary changes. A significant reduction in symptoms of psoriasis was seen within months.
Conclusion: This case describes the conservative nurtritional treatment of a patient with psoriasis using food sensitivity testing and removal of sensitive foods from her diet.
2. Hägg D, Eriksson M, Sundström A, Schmitt-Egenolf M. The higher proportion of men with psoriasis treated with biologics may be explained by more severe disease in men. PLoS One 2013;8(5):e63619. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0063619.
3. Kimmel, G.W., Lebwohl, M. (2018). Psoriasis: overview and diagnosis. In: Bhutani T, Liao W, Nakamura M (eds). Evidence-based psoriasis. Updates in clinical dermatology. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-90107-7_1
4. Ayala F. Clinical presentation of psoriasis. Reumatismo 2007;59 Suppl 1:40-5.
5. Schön MP, Boehncke WH, Bröcker EB. Psoriasis: clinical manifestations, pathogenesis and therapeutic perspectives. Discov Med 2005;5(27):253-8.
6. Kim WB, Jerome D, Yeung J. Diagnosis and management of psoriasis. Can Fam Physician 2017;63(4):278-285.
7. Qi F, Yao A, He Y. Medical imaging examination in psoriasis and early psoriatic arthritis patients: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Dermatol 2021;60(11):1354-1362. doi: 10.1111/ijd.15384. Epub 2021 Feb 20.
8. Rendon A, Schäkel K. Psoriasis Pathogenesis and Treatment. Int J Mol Sci 2019;20(6):1475. doi: 10.3390/ijms20061475. PMID: 30909615
9. Bakshi H, Nagpal M, Singh M, Dhingra GA, Aggarwal G. Treatment of psoriasis: a comprehensive review of entire therapies. Curr Drug Saf 2020;15(2):82-104. doi: 10.2174/1574886315666200128095958.
10. Rajguru JP, Maya D, Kumar D, Suri P, Bhardwaj S, Patel ND. Update on psoriasis: a review. J Family Med Prim Care 2020;9(1):20-24. doi: 10.4103/jfmpc.jfmpc_689_19.
11. Torsekar R, Gautam MM. Topical therapies in psoriasis. Indian Dermatol Online J 2017;8(4):235-245. doi: 10.4103/2229-5178.209622.
12. Sarkar R, Chugh S, Bansal S. General measures and quality of life issues in psoriasis. Indian Dermatol Online J 2016;7(6):481-488. doi: 10.4103/2229-5178.193908.